Website and all original materials contained within ©2013, Fair Oaks
Volunteer Fire Department
All rights reserved.
Website designed and maintained by
Pittsburgh Area Computer Services, www.pghacs.com
Fire Safety Tips
1. Install and maintain smoke detectors. Test them monthly and change the battery every 6 months.
2. Careless smokers are a leading cause of fires. Don't empty ashtrays into the trash.
3. Keep matches, lighters, candles and other flame producing devices away from children.
4. Don't leave lit candles unattended and never sleep with them burning.
5. Do not place electrical cords under rugs or behind radiators. Do not nail or staple electrical cords. Never use extension cords as permanent wiring.
6. Don't overload outlets and extension cords.
7. Never place a portable heater near flammable materials.
8. Store flammable liquids in a safe, distant location.
9. Remove anything on or near your stove that could catch fire (paper, dish cloths, recipe books, etc.)
10. In case of fire call 911.
1. Deadbolts that require a key to unlock inside the house should have the key inserted at all times. These types of locks should be replaced as soon as possible because they will prevent people from leaving the building during an emergency.
2. Never leave an iron unattended while it is on. As an extra precaution, unplug an iron that is not in use.
3. Don't use stairwells, hallways and other thoroughfares for storage.
4. Don't lock safety gates on windows.
5. Never leave cooking food unattended. Overheated oil and grease can easily start a fire.
6. Know where all of your flammable liquids, aerosol cans, propane tanks, etc are stored. This knowledge is important to the fire department.
7. If you have a fire hydrant in or near your yard please help us by keeping the area around it free of obstacles. This is especially true during the winter immediately after the streets are plowed.
8. Raised porches should not be used as flammable storage areas.
9. When possible, do not store an extra propane tank next to your gas grill on the porch.
1. Let the entire family participate in creating an escape plan.
2. Draw a plan that shows where the rooms and exits are located.
3. Indicate the normal escape routes on your plan.
4. Show an alternate route to use if the normal escape route is blocked.
5. Select a safe meeting place such as a landmark or neighbor's house where the whole family can meet.
6. Once you leave the house nobody goes back inside for any reason.
7. Do not take the time to gather up belongings -
6. Dial 911 from another house.
|2012 Garage Fire|
|Beaver Road Structure Fire|
|Beaver Street Structure Fire|
|Crestview Village Structure Fire|
|Dry Cleaner Structure Fire|
|Edgeworth Structure Fire|
|George's Appliance Structure Fire|
|Hazel - Harmony Twp Structure Fire|
|Hussey Copper Structure Fire|
|Industrial Park Fire|
|Maplewood Avenue Structure Fire|
|Maplewood Avenue Structure Fire II|
|Merchant Street Structure Fire|
|Orchard Street Fire|
|Park Road Structure Fire|
|Railroad Tar Tanker Fire|
|Spencer Street Structure Fire|
|Training - 2005 EMT Extrication Class|
|Training - 2006 Beaver Valley Power Station Drill|
|Training - 2007 Chainsaw Practice Night|
|Training - 2007 Operation Steel Hammer|
|Training - 2007 Saw Equipment Demo|
|Training - 2008 Firefighter Survival Training|
|Training - 2009 Creekside Springs Practice|
|Training - 2010 Conway Rescue Training|
|Training - 2011 Between The Cones|
|Training - 2011 Health South Drill Night|
|Training - 2011 Leet Fairoaks Practice|
|Training - 2011 Training With Conway|
|Training - 2012 Maze Training At The Station|
|Training - 2012 Vehicle Practice|
|Community - 2006 Christmas Morning|
|Community - 2006 Halloween|
|Community - 2007 Ambridge Fireworks|
|Community - 2007 Turkey Bingo|
|Community - 2009 Tri-State Antique Fire Engine|
|Community - 2010 4 on 5|
|Community - 2010 Appreciation Picnic|
|Community - 2010 Blizzard - Hydrants|
|Community - 2010 Fire Prevention Expo|
|Community - 2010 Fire Prevention School Visits|
|Community - 2010 Memorial Day Parade|
|Community - 2010 Santa Visit|
|Community - 2010 Watson Institute Visit|
|Community - 2011 9-11 Tenth Anniversary|
|Community - 2011 Fire Prevention School Visits|
|Community - 2011 Leetsdale July 4th Parade|
|Community - 2011 Watson Institute Visit|
|Archives - 2005 Firehall Construction|
|Archives - 2005 Moving Day|
|Archives - 2005 New Squad 468|
|Archives - 2005 Raising The Flagpole|
|Archives - 2006 Firehall Dedication Ceremony|
|Archives - 2006 Les Powner Tribute|
|Archives - 2006 Straw Blower In Action|
|Archives - 2008 Old 461 Gone|
|Archives - 2009 New Engine 461|
|Emergency Services Photos|
|2014 Fire Call Archive|
|2013 Fire Call Archive|
|Past Fire Chiefs|
|2013 Touch-A-Truck Sponsors|
|Coloring Pages & Activity Books|